Why Flow wrap?
There are several critical reasons to flow wrap products.
- The product to wrap has nuts, whole grains or raisins that need to be wrapped in an airtight package so they don’t go rancid. A gas flush to remove oxygen can be used to extend the flavor and life of the product.
- Shelf life for a food or confectionery product can be extended in the airtight environment provided by flowwrap.
- The product is inconsistent in dimensions and needs “a little wiggle room.” Think granola bars and muffins.
- The product can be soft, such as a muffin, danish or cookie.
- The product is a mix of a couple of things being wrapped together, such as a napkin with something else.
- The product does to lend itself overwrap or shrink wrap.
- Flow wrap can use registered film which means that product information and branding cam be put on the film, unlike shrink wrap.
- Flow wrap is far more energy-efficient than shrink wrap.
Sometimes flow wrap is the last packaging process before the product is case packed. Sometimes the flow wrap is inside the box. Either way it provides an airtight seal around the product and increases its shelf life while protecting the flavor of the ingredients for the consumer.
Package offers some very attractive flow wrappers for various applications. Package Machinery’s flow wrappers are economical and efficient. Contact us to discuss how we can help you with your wrapping needs.